11-23-2019, 04:07 PM   #33
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHTX View Post
I would stay away from brass if possible. Aluminum does not mix with brass very well and will corrode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
While it's true brass and aluminum don't play well together (galvanic corrosion), that is mainly in wet seawater environments. My pressure valves as you can see are brass and I have over 50,000 miles on them with no signs of pitting or corrosion on the catch can since it's just a dry/oil environment.
I have to return the brass fittings anyway. For some reason they don't fit. I have the SS fittings on order. If thee don't fit, I'll have to return the catch can and find one with 3/4" fittings. My factory vent tube crumbled apart when I tried to reinstall it and I couldn't get the one I bought off Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) to fit. Three of the 4 clips also broke off and I used a piece of PCV hose to connect the two fittings.

This project is on hold anyway as we're dealing with a substantial roof leak after our last deluge. Turns out 25 years ago when they built the house, nailing down the roof tiles was (apparently) optional and a whole row slipped. We're out of our master and the family room below. Thankfully no mold!
Appreciate 0