View Single Post
      05-14-2018, 07:02 AM   #14
neejay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
Black wheels are ugly, but since they came on my used M5, I will have to admit that they do wonders hiding the massive amount of brake dust that is generated. This is their saving grace.
Admittedly, this is one of the reasons I was also contemplating getting my wheels powder coated satin black. That, and for more proof that the wheel/tire place scratch my wheels. I get tired of finding random marks after getting my tires replaced. (Although I know that sounds like a catch-22) I also contemplated gun metal, to give it a little contrast, as they look gunmetal when the brake dust accumulates and I actually like the color it appears lol.

The only thing holding me back is the fact that if I don't like them, I won't be able to go back to the factory finish, or I'd have to pay again to have them powder coated back to silver.

My car is Jet Black, with no chrome anywhere on my exterior, and the front and rear bumper reflectors blacked out/covered.