View Single Post
      02-02-2019, 04:44 PM   #7
rkstar9
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 3.5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
This is a level of bravery way beyond my understanding and wrenching skills. Best of luck with your project.
Never wrenched on a car before to this extent until It became obvious I had to delete my x5 Diesel in order to keep it reliable past 100k, then later got a 335D and did the same thing. That was my graduation lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
I've found a bunch of YouTubes on guys doing just this. You wouldn't believe the "magic" these guys have done to rescue some pretty nice cars! A guy called Nour has done a 335 and his brother is doing an F30 328i. There's another, Samcrac that did an R7...

I can't wait to see the final product!!
I think I big part of it is learning how to navigate realoem.com and newtis.info. Understanding the diagrams goes a long way. Luckily im somewhat past the initial learning curve.

The greatest news when the car arrives from the copart lot is that the car starts and runs. And it came with 2 keys.

This is the car when I brought it into a garage i was able to borrow for a while

Advanced security Device featured on the LR wheel.

Extent of the damage. Broken radiator fan (and burned out fat motor) Fans on the diesels are 850w unlike the Gasoline Brethren that are a smaller wattage. Only some of the 7 series share the same fan.

Draining out coolant and removing side fenders.

The replacement fenders will be

If I had to do it over again I would get real M5 Fenders, these are steel and weight a bit more. The Cornering lights need to have turning lights retrofired from the headlight turn signal.

The M5 logos I will skip. No thank you. In fact I would have the side grills black if i could...

boost hose was leaking lots of grease around the intercoolet inlet.

Same issue as 335D and X5D replacement gaskets last 20k miles replacement hose leaks and aftermarket hoses leak as well. Since there is no solution and an endless headache decided to just apply ultra copper silicone. That way the hose is only removable from the turbo connection where it does not leak grease.

M5 Replica Bumper from ebay ...surprisingly really high quality polypropylene. Probably higher quality than OEM

Hella sharptone horns arrived today, much cheaper and IMO way more appropriate than the OEM horns.