02-04-2019, 10:30 PM   #17
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkstar9 View Post
Haha well there is a M5 Replica bumper for sale if anyone is looking for one lol Did not realize it was so unpopular.

Still not sure I can choose one over the other...I guess the fact that the car is not an actual M5 is somewhat annoying.

Unless there is a splitter..

Then I do prefer the M5 look.

Not that I would do that, If anything I would just CF wrap the lower part to protect it.

On it's way to the shop (this is the ebay hood I ended up not going with) Shop guy said it would never look right. too banged up.

This was the only restraining system issue.

Airbag Front sensor, left open circuit

Ended up being a missing front left airbag sensor...bought one on ebay for 30 bucks. Cleared it right up. Someone probably janked it at copart.

Hella Horns installed today, no relay required, they sound really good at least with the bumper off. Firm sharp beep.

There are 30 different versions of the PDC harness , Im not exagerating.. The right one for my car should have been

For vehicles with
M Sports package P337A=Yes
and
BMW Night Vision with Dynamic Light P5A3A=No
and
Park Distance Control (PDC) S508A=Yes
and
LED Fog lights S5A1A=Yes
and
M Aerodynamics package S5A1A=Yes
and
Active pedestrian protection S8TFA=No

Should have been straight forward, except my cars build sheet says it came with CO2 package. This includes wiring for a radiator shutter. Such harness does not exist. you either get CO2 package and M sport or you get the shutter and and LED lights. Unless you get an additional MSPORT harness that compliments the front harness.

to add insult to injury the car is giving a code for an all around camera. Which it did not come equipped with.

So i just bought the closest matching harness and retrofitted the missing cables for the radiator shutter.

Previous shroud on the car did not have a shutter motor, So Im not sure if the previous owner goofed up or If my CO2 packaged car did not come with shutter. Either way I bought a front shroud with actuating motor.

So It's in my best interest to make the shutter work.

Progress on the morimoto fog lights, really liking the black stealth look should blend into the bumper mesh nicely.

In terms of gremlins yes id I be surprised if I do not get a bulb out code for the aftermarket led fog lights. Hopefully it's not too hard to code that out.
Maybe you could get a CANBUS corrected bulb.
Appreciate 0