08-06-2010, 06:26 AM   #20
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 JB M3, 2012 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhter View Post
Now BMW has so many different cars that they are not aiming for one car to be that *PERFECT* car.

on the F10 chassis alone they have:
Sedan
Wagon
GT
Coupe
Cabrio
GranCoupe
M5

the 5 is only one implementation of that platform. With so many models they can tweak each one to cater to a certain segment. So they decided the F10 is the executive one. and 6GrandCoupe will be the more sporty one.

I for one am happy they retained the core BMW feel but made it more luxurious. The F10 has a better (both features and quality) interior than the last 7, which is no small feat.
Well I gues we will see what the GranCoupe has to offer. If it has the same suspension and steering, I doubt it will be much different. It personally don't think it has that "core" feel you describe. Handling comes before a aesthetics. BMW has always focused on function before form. They didn't this time, in my opinion. I really wish I did like the car, because I was looking forward to picking one up. However, BMW isn't too worried about that as they can now potentially take over the high end Lexus (LS) crowd.

There are many threads that point that out. Here is just one of them:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthre...t=bring+wobble

Last edited by erio; 08-06-2010 at 06:44 AM..
Appreciate 0