View Single Post
      05-12-2016, 02:45 PM   #15
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimabimmer View Post
Every Tesla sold today is sold at a loss to the company.
...and a proportionate gain to all mankind.

(I kid! No, really. I am totally neutral on Tesla and electric cars - no opinion or comment one way or the other for the foreseeable future from me. It's just that you left that hanging there and I had to snag it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW335iOn18s View Post
It's better to burn hydrogen than electricity produced in ways that cause pollution.
But you don't just pull liquid hydrogen out of nowhere. As with electricity, it too must be manufactured/produced somehow. And that process would not be zero emissions either. Plus, my recollection from last I read is that it takes more energy to produce a given quantity of liquid hydrogen than you ultimately get from it.

So either way, you need cleaner processes. But that can evolve over time, in tandem with the vehicles. And once you do finally move all of the emissions from the vehicles to the energy production facility, you can then move slowly toward zero total emissions without ever having to replace those vehicles again (well, I mean they'll eventually wear out sure, but you get me).

Those are just the facts as far as I am aware. I have no opinion on the viability, economical/political forces at play, etc.
Appreciate 0