Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
Ever hear the expression the easiest explanation is probably the correct one? You're so embroiled in all the details and stats, you miss the easiest and most logical explanation for what drives winning in F1. You're so far up Hamilton's a** that any counterpoint is instantly moot, not worth any consideration. It's in your signature for goodness sake.

Ask HAAS why McLaren is better…technology.
Ask McLaren why Mercedes is better…technology.
Ask Red Bull why Mercedes is better in 2020…technology.
Ask Mercedes why Red Bull is better in 2021…technology.

It comes straight from the mouths of the drivers themselves. Every single time.

Before Hamilton, there was Schumacher. He was mediocre outside Ferrari. Take Hamilton from Mercedes…will he win? Sure. Will he dominate? No way.

By the way, not everything is Hamilton vs Verstappen, I don't care about any driver that much, but since you take it there, Verstappen has wiped the floor with Hamilton this season, DNF and luck excluded. When they are actually racing this season, Verstappen clearly is better. I don't think it has anything to do with skill of the drivers. Red Bull just has the better car, for now.
I can truly tell that you know very little about F1. It isn't technology that makes a team better. It's people and application of technology. They are all mandated to use the same materials and many of the parts, which are listed, MUST be used. It isn't technology but, rather, creativity within the rules structure.

You are saying my data and details blind me? This is F1. It's about nothing but data and details. For you to even make a statement like that tells me sooooooo much. You are like so many who look at the sport in a snapshot and make broad statements when the longitudinal data look says something quite different. You are fighting data with opinion. Well...go for it. And continue to be blind.

How long have you been watching the sport?
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 3
yco5724.50
Steeler2427.50
racerbruce3851.50