View Single Post
      03-29-2021, 11:56 PM   #52
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by beegeezy View Post
I did the first step of a fluid change in my 535i today. The car has -92k miles and I think the trans fluid is original.

I drained the fluid out of the fill plug, then drain plug. I then replaced the drain plug and refilled until it trickled out. After reinstalling the fill plug, I warmed the trans to 42 degrees C. Then I topped off the trans and took it for a spin. The shifting is already improved.

Next I will drive the car for a few weeks and repeat the process. Then I'll do a pan/filter change. That should replace a good percentage of the fluid.

I got 11 qts of ZF lifeguard 8 and a ZF pan/filter kit from RM European. I normally like FCP Euro, but this was a much better deal.
You're a bit early on the mileage. Supposed to be changed at 60k miles, but you're still in the negatives!

Glad it went well. You did the whole rowing through the gears and stuff right? Just double checking
Appreciate 0