View Single Post
      05-08-2021, 06:15 AM   #27
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
I don’t think there is a discount for M Track Days.
I believe the 15% discount applies to all the PC programs. "BMW CCA members get a 15% discount on BMW’s popular Performance Driving School programs, held throughout the year at the BMW Performance Driving Centers in both South Carolina and California. "

If you're a CCA member, a few chapters sponsor a unique M-club day at the PC where you drive only M cars in open lapping sessions, autocross, rat race, skidpad, etc. It's a fun day at the PC. In recent years the Tarheel and National Capital Chapters have co-sponsored it.

I've enjoyed the Roundel since the 1970s when it was a small format paper newsletter. The club has tried to change with the times through the years, and while having some tough years recently, it's still the largest single marque car club in the world. In the old days it was a no-brainer given it gave you access to track days, autocrosses, O'fest, Techfest, local social gatherings, in addition to discounts. All of that still exists of course (looking forward to O'fest this Fall at Hilton Head), but the BMW customer has of course changed dramatically since the early days.

We (car club members) did just have a great event at the CCA HQ here in Greenville a few weekends ago, "MX1", which was a sort of launch event for the new M and X chapters. The C&C on the grounds of the new CCA facility was outstanding, and people came from long distances to attend. It was a huge gathering of M and X cars -- the largest I've ever seen in one place. It's always great to meet up with old friends and make new ones at events like that, not to mention checking out all the cars and in particular unique Individual examples you won't often see otherwise. At the same time, many took advantage of the heavily discounted driving event at the PC just up the street. BMW has done that a number of times now often coupled with events at the BMW CCA Foundation next door to the Performance Center. Tons of fun, great times!
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 4
dmanb2b2121.50
Auricom4349.50
Wild Blue3676.50
pseto800.00