View Single Post
      01-04-2021, 12:11 AM   #39
ditto675
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20

Im not really expecting much from 2TB (f20 wrong car for real performance), just thought why not add it 😊

Nothing to be scared of VO coding all ECU's, I do it each time I make a change in case there is a setting change in an ecu that's not obvious to the addition I have made. You will have to add all your FDL changes
in each ecu after VO code....
Should put a big warning here that if you have retrofitted anything be sure you know how it was done before you VO code.

Flashing ECU's is a big deal, but doable by anyone who is willing to learn
just make sure you search heaps and ask questions (full battery charge and PSU just to be precautious also helps). People brick ECU's when they don't ask questions 👍
I am still a newbie to BMW but have found many people on different forums very helpful and accommodating!!! (Big thankyou to ShawnSheridan!!!)

Re: Your 2TB and flashing ECU's. e-sys will only flash ECU's based on ship istep, target istep and FA so if no 2TB in FA it will only flash ECU's for 205. I'm making the huge assumption that GWS and EGS ECU's don't need flash for OEM 2TB as they probably have all needed code for both 205 and 2TB...but DME may be the missing code to fully functional 2TB.

Last edited by ditto675; 01-04-2021 at 12:18 AM..
Appreciate 0