Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
This one?
https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp...ble-1g1x7av-mb

It's like you totally ignored my OP lol.
Yeah sorry, just checked your price range, grab a refurbed laptop , many companies such as the one I work for has a two year lease agreements. Laptop are returned and replaced with next gen. These end up back on the market at greatly reduced prices. Basically your looking for something with tpm2 chip and that will run windows 11 ( it’s a combo of processor model , tmp2 chip for security credential handling , and minimum disk size) Windows 10 has a limited support life left.

But looking at some of the advice you’ve been getting. I wouldn’t bother with anything other than an ssd upgrade. But running older operating system with its lack of security is asking for your credentials to be stolen. If that’s not important to what you use it for , eg , no online shopping our using any accounts that are linked to your medical or financial details then upgrade existing.

Couple of the comments on the hp version I’ve suggested make me smile. Perhaps people should work out who the oem is before posting generic comments on its quality and performance. But sorry for skim reading and missing pricepoint of OP.
Appreciate 0