View Single Post
      11-23-2018, 10:47 AM   #6
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 440xi CPE BSM

Updates from a few weeks ago.

1) Indy looked at it and said 2 injectors were an issue. Based upon service bulletin he suggest to take it to the stealership.

2) Dealership said "Bad Gas". I guess Costco Tier 1 gas isn't good enough then huh? Also, suggested to replace Turbo inlet seal. Car burns oil excessively for past 5 months. Every 500 or so miles the light comes on.

I call BS but since the car didn't throw a code they can't prove to BMW NA to replace the Injectors. Remedy , went to BP gas , 2 bottle of BG44K.
The car still runs like shit. Car stalls coming to stop on cold starts and/or idles very low to almost a stall.

Just tried to back out of my garage just now and it stalled 5 times in a row however it is very cold outside (30 degrees) but it's never done it before.

So in the meantime I just purchased a warranty via Concord auto warranty for $1500. Takes effect in 30 days. I did a little homework and this was one of the top ones. Probably got ripped off but the others were a little higher still probably got ripped off. No idea..

Anyone want to chime in on this and also warranty situations? Running blind here based upon no prior experience.

I only plan on keeping the car for another 2.5 years give or take until warranty runs out IF I can hang in there. Doing research on different repair items has me nervous but I figured this was the prudent option instead of waiting for the huge repair. I can't get out of the car unless I eat 6 - 8k since I bought it this past March. Upside down city basically so … this is the next best option I suppose. We shall see...
Appreciate 0