Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
That automatically happens if you want to keep the gap constant.
Anyway, everyone could see that VER easily pulled away after the safetycar situation and then kept the gap constant. That means he could go faster than he was, and as he didn't he spared the equipment.
If the tyres would have deterioared, it would have shown in his lap times, not in blowing up a tyre.
You can also clearly see that after the crash, the surface of the tyres (the areas that weren't affected by the crash) still look in pretty good shape.
This is clearly a structural problem and not a wear problem.

That no one came in during safetycar is logical. At that time no one knew that it could be a structural problem. Hindsight 20/20 is always so easy, but if the crashed car is still on the track, no one knows anything.
You have to take that into account.

Only after VER crashed, again without any reason, the notion came that it could be a structural problem.
Why would you keep applying pressure from the front with 6 laps left, a 5 or so second lead AND a tail gunner.

I'm sorry but this is a poor decision considering they had information on STRs tire failure earlier. If I'm the TP, I dial it back and cruise across the line.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
minn1914057.00
racerbruce3854.50