boostaholic786
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 N54 with MHD Custom flash

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by somonster View Post
that is SHAMEFUL.

this dealer should be sanctioned by BMW, they have the nerve to film themselves ABUSING their PRE-DELIVERY cars.

jerks.

and BTW, how do they measure "at the crank" hp? anyone help me out here? (thanks)

haha Thats really funny you just wrote that. This dealer did a favor for you and obviously everybody else on bimmerpost since it was the cover of the front page on bimmerpost. So obviously it holds some weight in the community for them to put it on the very front page. What they are trying to show you is that this 4 cyl turbo motor can outperform the previous one in every way including horsepower, weight, FUEL ECONOMY, performance, ect... BMW has mastered the engineering of there turbo motors to really make them very durable and efficient. The technology that BMW has today is probably 5-10 years ahead of its time. The reason that they perfected the turbo technology is because very soon and I mean very soon, cars will have more restrictions on engine sizes and liter displacement. In the near future all cars are going to be electric or hybrid of some sort. It big time sucks but hey, the government can do what they want to do. and yes I would by a $50000 dollar car with all the amenities that a even base 528 has. I would by it for the way it handles and sounds. I would buy it because its a quality product and is faster than the previous I6 engine that was in it.. Numbers dont lie, neither do motortrend or car and driver. If your wanting a luxurious sedan that get incredible gas mileage and is actually fun to drive, then this would be the car. One of the above post said "if im going to get a 4 cyl i would rather get a honda lol. Have fun with the plastic and fake vinyl or whatever they use for the dash haha. Nothing has changed her except the new 528 just got even better and thats all they were trying to show which is exactly what they did. Go drive one then come comment back if it ANYTHING like a 4 cyl and back and post your results. like I said BMW is on top of turbo game and has damn nearly perfected it. Oh and also, DINAN for instance sell tunes/software for BMW's and with the new 4 cyl motor Steve Dinan stated that there is ALOT of room to make A LOT more power I bet with the DINAN stage 1 tune will give us almost 60-70 whp where as the 2011 I6 DINAN software gives you i think maybe 9 horsepower and the stage 2 software that is like 1500 bucks will give you 13 horsepower .Its going to be one fun engine from what I hear The only thing think they should have done differently is not try and calculate crank horsepower and just give us the real dyno numbers.
Appreciate 1