07-30-2019, 11:47 AM   #4413
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Good man and smart move here. I have a feeling she will come around. This will also demonstrate to her your ability to be flexible around her needs.

This. I know that anytime that things are going well for me, it scares the hell out of me and I tend to push back.
This right here. My wife has always accused me in the past of always holding back just a little. But when you have gone through what I have in the past...I can't help it.

I mentioned it before...I learned a long time ago I could be perfectly content being by myself. I could pick up "company" for a night or two pretty much whenever I wanted it...so I didn't have that aspect to be needy about.

It's selfish to admit, but I don't ever see my self being able to go "all in" again. Once was enough and I go burned for something she even admitted was her mistake. She was ready to get back together within 2 weeks of me leaving telling me she screwed up.

I told her that it wasn't happening. I could forgive but not forget. We are friends now and she has kids, but will still say that she made the ultimate mistake and realizes it.

Now granted I did pretty good for myself after it was just me and my daughter..so the materialistic side of it could be some of the reasons why she still insists that.

I have a good wife now. She is totally committed. But I told her that just because of the way I am because of my past..it doesn't change how I feel about her. She knows my character and that I would never intentionally hurt her. But she also knows that I'm not one for playing games either.