Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M Sport 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine535Msport
Since I've had my 2013 BMW 535i M-Sport(With M-sport suspension) I always noticed that the suspension didn't seem to absorb small road irregularities or some bumps very well, as if the suspension crashes. Over all the car rode great but brick roads and small bumps gave me anxiety. LOL

My car now has 12,700 miles and noticed that the rear Runflats are close to being needed for replacement. I bought a brand new set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Non Runflat tires and had them installed yesterday and had the car aligned as well.

I couldn't be happier with the change in tires. The car now rides like a true sport luxury sedan. It absorbs the road imperfections in ways the OEM Dunlop RunFlats could never even come close too. Ride is smoother, and MUCH quieter as well.

After I originally purchased my 535i a few weeks later I had wished I had ordered one with the Dynamic Damper Control $1,000 option for the fact that I would like the car to ride better over brick roads etc etc.

For those of you with the same thoughts, save that $1,000 and use it towards the purchase of Non RunFlat tires.

I now no longer regret not getting the Dynamic Damper Control. Non RunFlat tires will solve the ride quality issues some owners complain about.
Any further impressions you can share about the tires? I am about to order a set and the reviews are great but was just looking for any additional perspective of how they play with the F10. Do you have a staggered setup? Any pics of them installed? Ect.

Thanks in advance man!!
I had the M 19" rims with Michelin run flats- didn't know better but it was rough over potholes (have DDC and ARS ) and when I punched it they couldn't hold the torque. Often felt like they would break free slightly on hard cornering- basically felt hard and not sticky.

Added ACS springs and it felt more firm into corners but added to the harshness (not the most clever plan on my part). Then bought a new set of M5 stock rims with Michelin PPS and the world changed. The new rims are 20" so theoretically should be harsher over bumps but its light years above the 19" run flats.

The car is now epic for its size and takes 35 mph corners at 80 without effort. You still feel the potholes but they don't feel as though they will shatter your rims and explode your tires. I can break the tires free easily but purposefully, not leaving a light with a moderate foot. Plus the breaking is there and the most exciting upside.

Cannot imagine how you would feel disappointed
Appreciate 0