vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
From the smaller aircraft, I think the Airbus A320 takes the cake over the 737 in overall comfort and just plain tech in the way the systems / cabin are designed.
The only Airbus that I've flown on is the A319, on a small budget airline. The first flight was uneventful, even though we took off in a surprise Tropical Storm. The return flight was smooth, but that particular A319 earned its Scarebus nickname as it creaked like a 1980's plastic car interior on the taxiways. When the takeoff roll started, the cabin sounded like an old pirate ship and I was seriously crossing my fingers hoping that the thing didn't fall apart before it left the ground! The whole thing felt like it was put together from spare parts, and even the cabin LED lighting had 2-3 different color temperatures mixed in like someone was scrounging in a remote bone yard for any part that fit. Anyway, I looked up the tail number after we had landed, and discovered that it was a seasonal lease from a South American airline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008M36MT View Post
The NC National Guard has C17s stationed at CLT, I see them flying all the time, looks real imposing compared to the typical narrow body planes flying around here most of the type.
I see several C17s flying here almost every weekend, as Governor Hochul's flying club (the NY ANG) logs their seat time flying in circles. They used to fly the C5 Galaxy until just a few years ago, and we used to get treated to *experiencing* them flying over as they arrived/departed the nearby airport. When they fly right over your head on final approach, you just have to stare in amazement at how something that large can move so slow and not fall out of the sky.....
dradernh4413.00