Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i Bluestone Metallic

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurrNinja View Post
Do you know if I dont get the air ducts right away will it cause any future issues?
If you have high speed package or hot climate version, you have an additional oil cooler behind the fog light grilles. I'm not sure which side it's on since I THINK they changed it for LCI and I have a LCI, but mine is on the passenger side. It's pretty easy to confirm which side it is on by taking a look inside the fog light grille area and looking for a radiator. I'm actually not 100% sure if the pre-LCI ones even had this option...

If you don't have either package, I'd just take a pass on the ducting. If you do have the cooler, I'd look into getting the ducting for at least the cooler, mine is kind of jank right now since I just took a dremel and opened up the original ducting... not elegant and I'm planning on getting the proper ducts.

The page for all the ducting you might or might not need:
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=51_7940

Look for items with S715A=Yes

IMPORTANT:
Your kit DOES NOT include the M sport foam absorber. The non-msport one is too thick for the M Sport bumper. The one you need is either part number 51117903991 or 51117903993, I'm not really sure which one, you'll have to research that a little more.
Thanks for that I will look more into it.