View Single Post
      09-16-2019, 07:37 PM   #14
hogwldfltr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 35i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgrey69 View Post
I had an old Rolex OP that I inherited and I sent it to Mark Sirianni in PA. He did excellent work, looks almost new. Would definitely use him again.
I'd look up/investigate his reputation on TRF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCBuff View Post
Thanks for the replies! The shop in Boulder is an "authorized Rolex dealer". They still send it to Dallas for "Rolex repair" or have an independent local guy that "may bee cheaper". They didn't demand the $1250 upfront, just an "agreement" I think.

I am leaning toward the Rolex repair. There is just so much "unknown" with all the independent guys. I will check out the Rolex forum, thanks! I will also check out Rik Dietel at Time Care Inc. Thanks!!!
While you're nosing around the Rolex Forums you'll likely see my screen name over there as I've got around 22K posts+ there under the same screen name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colodano View Post
Personally I would take the plunge and go with the Rolex center. My wife inherited a watch from her grandmother, and had it serviced at a local "authorized dealer". Never seemed quite right after that service, so a few years later we sent it down to the center in Dallas. Ended up they had tweaked the case, so that had to be replaced, new serial # on the case, and all that, but the watch came back basically brand new, a full new set of papers due to the case change etc.

That service cost nearly 5K though... so we basically ended up with a "new" old watch with family history. Her dad still wears the matching men's watch daily as well.
That is the issue with RSC; they don't like to return watches with original parts specifically tritium dials and hands. If someone is a serious collector or wants to retain the value of their watch, the more original the better. Better off going with a well known indie like Rik.

I had my wife's Tudor serviced by RSC. It was expensive; they screwed it up and tried to blame her because it acted exactly the way it did when we sent it to them. The service cost more than the watch did. The second time in they fixed it correctly.
Appreciate 0