10-20-2022, 08:04 AM   #11
p0p
Ninja
Rep
Drives: N54 & B58

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
Welp, I have the infamous GPU code 43 error. I have tried everything I know, I've tried every suggestion I've found online (which is basically multiple ways to reinstall GPU drivers which I have already tried multiple times), so tonight as a last resort I am going to wipe and reinstall windows. Apparently there is no for sure fix and is usually resolved randomly through different processes, but from my research this is usually WINDOWS drivers that are causing the issue, not the GPU drivers which would explain why so many people get "lucky".

I also found out the PCIe riser cable supplied with the case is a 3.0 cable, and the 3090ti is 4.0, so that might, MIGHT, be causing some of my issues. You should be able to run the 3090 on 3.0 with minimal performance loss, so I'm not convinced it has anything to do with my driver issues. But I'm going to order a cable anyways. After researching the cable I do find it frustrating that its 2022 and they are still sending the 3.0 cable after so many people have had issues with for a few years now.
I would do a BIOS firmware update
In BIOS disable onboard graphics

Maybe change PCIe slot to 4.0 or 3.0 (settings in BIOS)
- i have not looked much into PCIe 5.0

Last edited by p0p; 10-20-2022 at 08:14 AM..
Appreciate 0