10-20-2022, 08:58 AM   #12
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0p View Post
IMHO - I would have done Samsung pro; you limiting yourself to only 3k Read/write when it can be 7k+

Even RAID 0 or 10
My game drive is a 980 Pro, my OS drive is not. There was not a 980 Pro 500GB available when I ordered. Easy enough to upgrade later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0p View Post
I would do a BIOS firmware update
In BIOS disable onboard graphics

Maybe change PCIe slot to 4.0 or 3.0 (settings in BIOS)
- i have not looked much into PCIe 5.0
BIOS and FW is all up to date, went through all other updates from the mobo website as well. I have not tried disabling onboard graphics yet because I have to use onboard for troubleshooting. The Nvidia GPU will work after reinstalling drivers, but may or may not bluescreen after a little bit, and once I restart it goes back into error state and does not work at all, so I have to swap back to onboard. It powers on, and device manager see's it as the correct card, but it will not display and device manager has it in an error state for code 43. In details it states display.inf failed to start, so that leaves me to believe Windows has a corrupt driver, not the driver from Nvidia. sfc did not resolve it since its a fresh build I have nothing cached and nothing to roll back to. Hopefully a fresh install resolves it.

I have tried 4.0, 3.0 and auto for PCIe settings. I have not tried 5.0, but with this riser cable only being 3.0 I didn't see the point. I am using the 8-pin cable so it "should" be getting enough power, but I'm skeptical of this riser cable from Thermaltake.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0