View Single Post
      08-22-2017, 02:50 PM   #22
ELECEngineeringPhD
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by james23 View Post
I had an extra set of mufflers that I plan on modifying, so this weekend I cut them open to see what's on the inside.

The pipes inside the 550i mufflers go from 2.75" that dump into the middle chamber and there are two pipes that loop from the first chamber and go down to the third chamber and out the tailpipes. These pipes are about 2".

I plan to do something similar to the M5 mufflers like this:

We'll see how this progresses. As of now, I'm just brainstorming ideas. If anyone has any ideas feel free to let me know. I am trying to improve the sound, but at the same time trying to avoid drone. I would like to keep it as simple as possible, too.
Hey James23 (I can only assume a LeBron fan), I can't figure out how to see your images on Photobucket! However, I really want to know what the stock 550i mufflers looks, as I want to modify them myself, but I only plan to cut a small section to pull fiberglass. I need to know where to cut.

Anyway you can share those images another way in this thread? Or you are welcome to PM me with the images. I've been looking everywhere for the 550i mufflers cut open but can't find them!
Appreciate 0