View Single Post
      10-07-2017, 11:36 PM   #140
rnbguy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by gclions View Post
Ok, after 12+ hours of disappointment I'm back to the drawing board.

Here's my current thinking:

Attachment 1056998

Using cobra head hose adapters, I'm going to make the intake elbows go away. The reason we're ultimately screwed when it comes to M5 intakes on our N63's is because the turbos are clocked differently. But researching this option caused a lightbulb to come on. The M5 intake elbow that mates with the turbo is a cobra head effectively!

So pieces number 8 and 11 below will be removed, and the entire stock air intake assembly will be removed.

Attachment 1057000

After that I have an idea or two about how to get going in the right direction (to the front of the car). First will be using something like this sketch, where piece 1. is a silicone 90 degree elbow, 2. is the MAF housing I had built, 3. is a 3.00" to 2.50" reducer, 4. is a 2.50" section with the PCV tap, and 5. is the 2.50" to 2.31" cobra head.

Attachment 1057001

This would get me to the outer edge of the engine, and allow a straight shot down to the front of the car. Option two would be to cut off the flanges I made and weld them to 2.50" tubing, and skip the reduction from 3.00". I think minimizing the number of bends/reducers/couplings etc will help flow be less turbulent.

This nut can be cracked, but it is a lot more difficult than I thought when I started out. Any other ideas?
Sorry i know this is old but whats the part number for hose 12 and 14
Appreciate 0