Noggie
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: E31 850i,i3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicEndeavor View Post
There's a bit of misinformation here.
F10 owners typically install street coilovers not race coilovers on their cars. A good set of street coilovers like KW V3's are highly adjustable for both compression and rebound to customize the driving experience to each owners needs. They are quite comfortable while providing superior performance, and not at all "unbelievably stiff" unless the owner sets them to the stiffest setting (which no one does except for track days, then they set them back once on the street). They are height adjustable and will not cause any scraping over speed bumps unless the owner drops the car really low.
Quality coilovers are a great option for the F10, and preferred by many including myself over a computer controlled active suspension, but each driver has their personal preferences.
When it comes to passive adjustable suspensions I have to disagree.
I used to do a lot of track driving when I was in my 20's so I have had cars with fully adjustable suspensions.
Camber plates, Blistein pss9 and KW v3.
And if you dont know what you are doing, you can mess up the cars handling so bad with those suspensions that you will end up with a dangerous car.

I have tried some setups that appeared good for regular driving, but as soon as I started to push the car it started to wobble and acted more like a boat than a car, because it was too soft in one direction.
On the other hand I have also adjusted the car to be rock hard, thought it was great untill I ended up off track because the grip was gone in an instant without any warning.

On my KW v3 I ended up with the default recommended settings, as everything else I tried did not work out. Either being to uncomfotable, or ruining the corner handling of my car.
I ran with a setting for a year thinking it was a good everyday setting, then one day I pushed the car with 2 passengers, and I nearly wet myself because the car
almost wobbled off the road. Turned out the "bound" setting was a little too soft.

If you have no clue about how to set up a suspension, getting a fully adjustable one will probably lead to two things.
You run a default setting, so you might as well have got a non adjustable one.
You end up with a car that handles worse than stock, but has a nice drop.
Appreciate 0