Dblzee
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 f10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabacrOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblzee View Post
I just did this a couple of month ago. Ordered this kit from AliExpress for 55 dollars. Hardest part was just running the lines to the mufflers. But works great flaps open and close on demand with the remote.
I just did the same. This seems to be a great solution if you don't want to or can't tap into the engine's vacuum lines for the vacuum source.

I haven't gotten around to properly install it yet but I quickly wired it up to make sure the vacuum pump and the electronics all work. I was worried that the pump might not pull enough of a vacuum to actuate the valves on the M5 exhaust but it had no problem doing so. The pump runs for a few seconds until the valves open and the pressure stabilizes then shuts off on its own.

I left the valve open for a few hours and the pump held the vacuum and valves didn't start to close up on their own. I don't plan on having the valves open continuously for much longer than that. Also, I was able to program the vacuum pump's remote to the Homelink buttons on the rear view mirror, so two separate buttons can be used to open and close the valves. This way I don't need to have the remote on me and it's a more discrete install.

I have some OE BMW vacuum lines, Ts, and hose grommets ordered to route the vacuum lines from the trunk to the mufflers for a more OEM install. Dblzee Did you run the vacuum lines from the pump to the mufflers through one of the wiring grommets near the battery or find a different route? I'll update this post with the final install once I get around to it.

Here's a short clip of the vacuum pump in action from when I did a test install.
Yes there is a very easy grommet in the trunk that I used to go though. I'll take some pictures and post when I get a chance. Pump has no issues holding or actuating both valves.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1