12-13-2011, 12:42 PM   #50
jaf89f
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsfan619 View Post
To chime in as a current S2000 owner (looking for an E82), the S2K is the PERFECT car... for weekends. After going through GTI's, Civic Si's, and A3's, the S2000 was definitely the most fun to drive but is an absolute logistical headache for every day life. Overnight stays/trips with a passenger require extra planning (i.e. do I really need the spare tire or can I save space?) that you wouldn't think twice about with a normal car. When I bought it, I thought that I could work around its practicality (or lack thereof), but runs to the grocery store can even lead to sticky situations if you're carrying any additional items/passenger.

I would strongly suggest looking into an R32 or the like if you are able to find one with low miles. If you'd like further opinions on the Si (2008 sedan) or GTI ('03 "20AE" or '06), let me know!
If you have direct experience with either of those cars and you don't mind saying a few things about each, please do. I'm very indecisive and need all the advice that I can get.
Appreciate 0