View Single Post
      09-27-2018, 08:36 PM   #1
AussieBob
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 F10 "M5"

Washer fluid magically disappearing

Can the filler pipe cover really be the cause of my washer fluid loss, it appears to be the case based on the evidence. I get home and open the bonnet straight away and see the water on the inside of the bonnet above the cap and on top of the filler cap and basically all around the areas where the fluid has condensed from the bonnet and dripped down. Go back 20 minutes later and the water has vanished - "the perfect crime".

$7 USD each from Schmiedmann in Denmark, I've bought 3 new covers, I guess I'll need them in the future as well, the design is still the same, plus I ordered other stuff I "need" for my 2010 F10 M5 and 1994 E36 M3 3.0L Euro.

Time will tell, but I think I may have solved my "magical disappearing" windshield and headlight washer fluid. If I have I can at least go back to using a cleaner mixture, I got sick of seeing it di$appearing and smelling it occasionally in the cabin (proof again it is evaporating in the engine bay). Thanks to the post from Tasmanian in another forum section.

Note: $28 from Sylvania BMW, $25 from Trivett Parramatta, but both had none is stock and needs to be ordered from Germany. I seem to be the only person with this problem in Australia.
Attached Images

Last edited by AussieBob; 09-27-2018 at 11:51 PM..
Appreciate 1