05-18-2015, 08:38 PM   #2
ashtaron14
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
I wonder if Hamilton will try to go our for qualify first and make sure he can bank a good lap time before Rosberg park his car somewhere again?
You got it!

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...4-monaco-error

Lewis Hamilton won't let Nico Rosberg repeat 2014 Monaco error

Lewis Hamilton says he will not give Nico Rosberg the opportunity to be the first Mercedes to set a time in qualifying in Monaco after what happened last year.

In 2014 Rosberg had set provisional pole with his "banker" lap in Q3, but ran deep at Mirabeau on his second run and parked in the escape road. That brought out the yellow flags and prevented Hamilton from beating the benchmark time as the Brit had started his final flying lap later.

Hamilton was convinced Rosberg's actions were deliberate but the German was unpunished and went on to win from pole position the following day. The world champion is determined not to give Rosberg the opportunity to make a similar error this year.

"This year I will have the choice to go ahead of him so I will make sure I do that," Hamilton said, referring to Mercedes' rotating policy of giving one driver the choice of leaving the garage first or second in qualifying.

Rosberg has been victorious at the last two races in Monte Carlo but Hamilton has not tasted victory on the famous street circuit since 2008, the year of his maiden world championship.

"I don't look at it as unfinished business. The last two years I have had the car to win. The first year I struggled with it, last year I had the pace but other things were up against me and this year hopefully will be different ... third time lucky. For me I'm not worried about last year I'm just going there to win. I haven't won there in a long time so I'm going to work hard to get the balance right."