SonOfAnakin
El Conquistador
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmulders View Post
I lived in Ottawa, Ontario, for the first three years of my F10 ownership. We regularly got 12-15" / 30-40 cm of snow per dump, and sometimes more. By the end of the snowing season, the snow was 3' high in the yard, and the snow banks were of course higher than that. I would wake up in the morning and the snow would be up to the middle of the wheels. I would not have to shovel, just place the car in gear and drive. Amazing traction on snow, ice, slush, etc, with the Hakkapeliittas. Yes, narrow tires would work better, but I can say without reservation that the xDrive / Nokia combination made the best vehicle in snow I have ever owned in the past 40 years.

Regarding your tire/wheel choice, tires are oversized in that they are taller than stock. I did use that size for my aforementioned review, and they can work for you as long as your wheel offset is OK and you are not lowered. The wheels will not fit as the bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3 vice the 5 x 120 that you need for the F10. Also, if the offset is truly 40 (I'm guessing at the number down in the description), then this is too high, and you will be facing rubbing issues against the suspension.

Cheers.
cdmulders, I really appreciate you sticking with me on this. I think I have this figured out. My current wheels are 19x8.5 with 33 offset. Moving to 18x8 wheels, I should be ok with a 32 offset. I have the bolt pattern correct now as well. With that, and the tires you are recommending, I think I can go with the following combination from Discount Tire. It doesn't look like TireRack sells Nokian, or at least, not these Nokians.

Did I miss anything else?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0