View Single Post
      03-25-2019, 04:52 PM   #83
sam1983
Rep
Drives: Nissan

...in the same boat too

Took my 2013 550i in last week to run a thorough check before my warranty runs out next month. I always knew that the N63s drink like a fish and keep extra engine oil in the trunk, but I haven't had any major issues over the past few years.

My service advisor told me that BMW is currently a "Customer Care Program" for all the N63 engines which were manufactured between 2009-2013 (at least for the F10s) and since I brought my car in, I could be eligible for that. I don't have much more details but I'm curious what comes out of their tests.

The other N63 issue that is not as frequently touched upon is the battery draw required to keep the engine cool, especially after switching off the car. I'm sure you might have heard the fans continuing to run with the car off to cool the turbochargers, and that puts a lot of stress on the batteries. A few years back, BMW started supplying all N63s with 105 AGMs but seemingly it's just a band aid and not a real fix.

Anyway, will keep you all posted on what comes out. As always really appreciate all the insight everyone is sharing!
Appreciate 0