12-28-2017, 03:19 PM   #119
Walkabout
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 & F11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FElleven View Post
Can you please help me with this. Originally I wanted to put OEM 343M wheels on my F11 M550d LCI, but found out I would need a 5mm spacer upfront to clear brake calipers. I am generally against spacers, especially the ones which are not hub centric (without lip). The Avant Garde M355 are ET35 upfront, which is 1mm difference vs OEM 343M. Do you think using 10mm spacers (the smallest one that comes with a lip) will poke the 255/35/20 wheels pass the fenders on M355? Can you please make measurement and take picture from above the fender.

Also, do you experience any vibrations at highway speeds? I keep reading on poor quality on Avant Garde wheels (bore size not correct, few 0.xxmm bigger, bents wheels from new, etc..)
I usually run 10mm spacers (hub centric) up front on my Avantgarde M355 and they are perfectly flush. The front wheels are, as you say, 20x9" ET35, so running 10mm spacers will make them the same as ET25 and thats 100% flush with the fender. The spacers are currently off now due to an appointment with the BMW dealer next week, but I'll see if I find some pictures.

I also run 20mm spacers on my Avantgarde M434 21x9" ET40 (front wheels). That is a bit more aggressive but no problems with rubbing etc.

I'm quite happy with the Avantgarde wheels. I got a small bend in my rear M355 wheel, but it was straightened out so no worries. One of my rear M434 wheels cracked seven places during three years, so I had to buy a new one. Very disappointed that they did not give me a new one as it was clearly due to bad production of that single wheel. Overall I'm happy vith the wheels (price vs value).
Appreciate 0