View Single Post
      05-20-2019, 08:25 PM   #5
mediocrechris
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 535i xDrive

I've had my 2016 535i XDrive for about 1 month now and I absolutely love it. I went from a 2011 Accord EX-L to this BMW and, so far, I couldn't be happier.

Obviously, I can't say anything about the long term reliability of my car yet because when I got it, it only had 24000 miles on it and I've put about 2000 or so miles on it as my daily driver of 100 miles round trip.

But driving my 6 cylinder BMW is absolutely nothing like my 6 cylinder Accord. They are worlds different and the BMW blows the Accord out of the water.

I have almost no knowledge about BMW, but based upon what I've read on the forums, try to find yourself a 2014 or newer 535. If you can swing a CPO, I think you should go the CPO route.

Watch a few videos on YouTube about maintenance and repairs.

Test drive a 528i and a 535i back to back and you will absolutely see a difference in the two cars. That's what I did and why I chose the 535i.

One final thing: don't settle. I know budget affects us all, which is the reason I have a 2016 CPO 535i instead of a brand new, fully loaded 2019 540i , but research prices like crazy and find the very nicest, newest, lowest mileage car you can afford and I think you will be very happy with your purchase. Don't forget to shop both interior and exterior colors and option packages. Shop until you find THE car that you want and don't stop shopping until you find it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0