09-12-2019, 08:00 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelreyes54 View Post
  1. my navigation is grayed out and i can not select it . I don't know if it got deprogrammed or what
  2. I used vin decoder and it said that my car is equipped with professional navigation
  3. my nav has not been replaced (i think)
  4. The code to connect a Bluetooth device matches the last 5 digits of my vin.
  5. I tried using e-sys but i think it say that FSC not existent. I have no clue since i really don't know much about these softwares .

Can someone please help me with this problem. Any help will be appreciated :
Attempting to "unpack" the situation you presented...the one thing that stands out (to me) is that your FSC code is not existent. That would be an important requirement since the FSC code is required for a map installation/update.

It's also not clear how long you've had the vehicle and if it ever had map/navigation...if it did...was there an attempt to update the nav maps? And if there was an attempt...did it fail due to not having a "correct/valid" FSC code...or was an FSC code procured from a "free" internet download...which could have possible failed?

Just to verify/clarify the importance of the FSC code...see the info below:

Updating your BMW navigation maps is essential if you want to drive safely.
If your vehicle doesn’t have a valid subscription for navigation maps, you require a special code (FSC) in order to activate the map data.

What is FSC code?

FSC (Freischaltcode) is the activation code released by BMW.
This activation code is always a 20-position combination of
characters, which is usually entered manually via the iDrive controller.
The code only contains capital letters (A – Z) and digits (2 – 7).
The activation code does not contain the digits “0” and “1”
in order to prevent confusion with the letters “O” and “I”.

Each code is specially based on VIN for each single car.
The code can not use with multiple cars.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0