View Single Post
      01-03-2017, 09:45 AM   #1
GOGTRR
Rep
Drives: IG: @gogtrr

SignatureONE x BMW F07-5GT

Cheers 5-Series Brethren,

I'm relatively new to these forums but wanted to share my F07-5GT. Thanks to other GT owners @perarl5GT, @itbestrider, and @theblackgt I've finally got my GT sitting correctly on a proper coilover suspension from Megan Racing and IMO the correct 21" wheel fitment thanks to the Team at Signature Wheels.

Megan Racing is one of few companies that worked with my good friend @pearl5gt to get the correct coilover system to work with the F07. We have 3 sets in use now and are completely happy with the quality of the suspension. The Megan system is height and dampening\rebound adjustable all around. In the rear we opted to keep the rear airbag self leveling system while with the Megan adjustable shocks. I'm sure you can code out the BMW airbag system and use the supplied Megan rear spring as well.

My Signature Wheels are now the latest design release called "The Signature ONE". This is my 2nd set of wheels (SV303 in 20x9,20x10.5) from this company and I can't say enough great things about the quality of these 100% forged wheels AND the awesome relationship\buying experience I've had working with the Signature Team. Eric is my main contact and I know he has been in the wheel industry for a long time. Jimmy-Signature_BMW has been a knowledgeable and awesome person to work with as well. The whole Signature Team are all 100% car enthusiasts which shows in their designs. I'm lucky to have been one of the first to work with Signature Wheels and just super excited to see what's ahead for them!

Wheels Specs:
Front - 21x9.5et18 with 245/35r21 PSS
Rear - 21x11et32 with 285/30r21 PSS
*IMO alternate tire sizes 255/35r21 and 295/30r21 can be used for a meatier setup. Also note that F07 wheel offsets are very similar to F80 M3 offsets but in smaller 18",19", and 20" sizes of course. These would look awesome on the F10 5series and M5 platform also*

Stance:
The Megan Racing Coilover system is currently set to a mild drop. I will most likely be lowering the front slightly more after letting the suspension break-in a bit and after seeing the fitment of my new splitter.

Questions, rants, and raves welcome

Best,
Rich @GOGTRR
Attached Images

Last edited by GOGTRR; 01-03-2017 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: edit
Appreciate 1