04-24-2020, 06:04 AM   #8
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNorm View Post
I have KV3s and found the H&R bars to be way too hard and went back to OEM.
I found the H&R sways a little much without the V3s. I thought my current set up (M5 front / 20mm H&R rear) was free of side effects but I've been feeling them more lately. With the boaty stock suspension you can really feel that you're "bouncing" off the sways and getting rocking oscillations started. And the roads in my area aren't even that bad! (and my factory suspension isn't worn out)

I'm a little reluctant to go all the way back to *my* stock equipment - it was SO disconnected. As I've said in other posts, the car leaned before it turned. I think the average minivan has a more confidence inspiring stock ride. Of course maybe with the KWs it will be perfectly fine. In my case, the M5 front bar alone took out all of the unreasonable driver-observed lean but the handling is very out of balance (as expected). The 650i rear bar still wasn't large enough to balance the handling so I went to the H&R. I bought the full H&R kit instead of just the rear and I ran that for a week or two before concluding there were too many negative side effects for me.

In theory the KWs are going on today/tomorrow.

Still not positive what to do about my ride height target. They're pre-built right now with mid-range target.
Appreciate 0