View Single Post
      04-26-2020, 12:14 PM   #10
MatthewLC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535i

Surly73 I'm really curious to hear how you enjoy the sway bars once you have the KW's installed. I've had the complete opposite experience from most people since installing my coilovers. On every other car I've owned, coilovers always made the car come alive. With the F10 it's made an improvement but the car still felt very numb, as if it needed to be stiffened up. I think this may be related to two issues:

1. I've recently found out the alignment shop that did my alignment after I installed my coilovers completed butchered it. I noticed some strange tire wear and when I was getting my oil changed last week, my mechanic was able to show me just how out of spec it was. This might also explain the tramlining problem I've been having. My plan is to get the car realigned and see if this helps bring out the "feel" of the car.

2. Since most coilovers don't come with shorter front end links, lowering the car changes the position/angle of the front sway bar (not sure if this is an issue with KW but it does occur with BCs). I'm still learning how this works but if I understood it correctly, when the end links move down it can affect the stiffness of the sway bar (I believe making it softer). Another member was explaining it more here:https://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1705204 . My plan is to order shorter front end links and see if this also helps improve the feel and stiffness.

Once that's done, my plan was to upgrade the sway bars if the car still felt the same. If you decide you don't enjoy the H&R sways let me know as I would be interested in purchasing them to try out on my car!
Appreciate 0