View Single Post
      05-14-2020, 08:35 AM   #17
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Well, thanks for offering the observations you have made

I spent a little time with the car last night. I softened the compression setting two clicks all around. On my short test drive I think this is more in line with what I'm looking for. I'm not sure how many clicks there are total, and where in the spectrum this puts me. I had no intention of going "full soft" or anything like that, but the initial settings were just a little harsh for me.

For ride height, I measured that each perch turn was ~2mm. I moved three corners up towards the 360mm RF. +2 turns LF RR +1 turn LR After dropping the car and rolling out on to the driveway, I didn't measure any difference. That was frustrating. I know that because it's preloading the spring each turn isn't going to get me 2mm but I expect some kind of change. I'll go measure in more detail and possibly adjust again.

I am not necessarily going to try to "nail" ride height, but I'm interested in change in feel, balance or handling as I change front relative to rear. Especially since the factory spec shows for rear lower than the front. (Plus, as I said, poll the community to see if corner balancing would just put it right back to dragging the rear end).
Appreciate 0