12-04-2015, 09:36 AM   #103
mragarg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
seriously! You've never heard of that phrase before? I Will be vague than...what's your plan for wrapping?
Oh lol, I honestly never heard of that phrase before. But I plan to start wrapping the car around December 25th. I'll have time to do it within a two to three days. I intend to utilize the 3 car garage those days so I'm going to remove all the cars and park the BMW sideways in it (going to be doing a 20 point maybe 10 point turn lol). I think I'm going to do the flat parts of the car first so in this order hood, trunk, roof, doors, quarter panels, side mirrors, then bumpers. I just realized I want to wrap the roof black but it's too late to go buy more film so I'm just going to wrap it all blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0Cool92 View Post
I used 3m matte white vinyl. Best material you can use, but the color just gets dirty too quick and every dirt spec shows. Vinyl in general is harder to clean than plastidip. My friends plastidipped car, you can clean the dirt off his car with the swipe your finger, but with vinyl you gotta scrub it so to speak . Here's the car. Sick color, but vinyl imp is just too hard to maintain if your cars a daily.
I was considering to do plastidip because of the price and simple use. But I realize why would I want to paint instead my garage for this. It'll be a mess and overspray all over the garage and the fact that there's not the best ventilation in there too. Luckily the vinyl blue is somewhat dark depending on the shade/shine. I'm hoping it won't be too bad.
1972 Mercedes Benz 280 SEL
2014 BMW 550i
Appreciate 0