View Single Post
      12-13-2018, 01:45 PM   #9
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

I think the bragging war about 0-60, top speed etc has been diminishing for a number of years now (1 or 2 decades).
Track times gets more and more important. Mainly nordschleife, as that is probably the longest track, that mostly mimics a road driven for enjoyment (so you get a sense of what the car is capable of speedwise, handlingwise and (very important for EV's stamina wise.

I mean in the early 00's almost no manufacturer gave track times, and now cars like the new z4 (which is more of a pleasure car than a performance car) gets a nordschleife time.

On the one side a track time gives a distorted view, as it can make development of cars result in an overly harsh ride (the james may argument), but then again thinking that an aston martin volante is a fast car because it has a big engine is also a compromised thought (when put on a track).
So the interpretation of the info given will always be an issue.
A p100d might give an impression that its a really fast accelerating car, but on the autobahn its utterly useless because above 120 it absolutely has no umpf considering its rated a bazillion hp. A car like a base corvette or base 911 will obliterate a p100d at those speeds (where 150mph+ is perfectly normal to drive over long distances at the more quiet hours and days).
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 12-13-2018 at 01:53 PM..
Appreciate 0