06-02-2021, 01:11 PM   #38
otay
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly73 View Post
My 2 cents on how I remember things being.... When it "adapted" and felt sluggish, you could still get the car to move deep in the pedal or by jabbing at it, the problem is there would still be delayed response from a stop, and then it would violently jerk forward and start accelerating. It was either smooth and slow, or tire chirping and zoomed off winding out the gears. It was extremely difficult to be in between, which is where I generally drive once it's warmed up - let's call it "taking off confidently", neither being a jerk nor a limo driver, shifts in D around 3k-3.5k going up the gears.

After reset - super easy to be gentle, "confident" or aggressive - whatever you wanted. Then it learned to suck. At least that's the way I remember it.
Interesting thread. This was the *exact* behavior on my '15 335i/N55. The abrupt almost violent take off from a stop was super annoying, but better for a couple weeks after a throttle adaptation reset.

Never tried xHP though. I always wondered if it was some sort of "disconnect" between throttle and transmission.

(No longer have the issue, as I've now got a '16 550i.)

Dzz, did the xHP upshift adjustments make take off from stop any better?
Appreciate 0