View Single Post
      06-03-2020, 06:53 PM   #7
masterseung
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e46 e90 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowBMW View Post
So BrakeMotive which seems to be a fairly large ebay vendor, sent me the wrong pads for my 2011 535i. The description, linked below, says this is what I should order. I confirmed it's what I should order. However when I went to swap them out, look at the size difference! They claimed that my front pads are from a 535 GT and that the back pads are from a completely different BMW model. ??? What's up with that? Can anyone confirm? Did different brakes come on the 535?

It's a non msport, BUT it is a 6sp with an oil cooler (so a bit more sporty). Would they have put different brakes on this car OEM or did a previous owner upgrade them?

Pic below is the part #, sent pads, old pads from top to bottom. See how much wider the older pads are. The new pads won't even fit in the carrier.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392082449007#rwid

Hey I went through the same thing. You have 345mm rotors and not the 330mm rotors.

If you look on autozone.com they sell 2 different sized pads, one for 345mm rotors front and rear and one for 330mm front and rear. There were 2 different size brakes and seems like a crap shoot on which one you got.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0