BimmerHausPerformance
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 535i  [0.00]
In case you aren't on the other thread:

Update:
After finally getting a bleed good enough to make it driveable I took it for a spin and found the issues mentioned above about the calipers grinding, however I got them working, but it wasn't without some major modifications lol... ya'll think I'm nuts but I was determined to make this work! See pics below.

I still need to take this into the indy because my pedal is soft but it's 100% driveable now and safe. I would imagine that I could not bleed the brakes because I couldn't get proper travel of the calipers with them rubbing like they were... or maybe not. I definitely couldn't brake well with them like that.

So to get them to work I took a grinder and took probably a 1/4 in off of the calipers and had to dig into the pads. It was nasty and I had to test fit about 30 times but finally got it to go. Once done grinding I re-did the paint and took it for a test drive and the thing brakes wonderfully (save the soft pedal I'm fixing today). But no rubbing, no squeaking and all is well.

Now I'm going to contact the seller for a partial refund. What a mess, but hey, that's ebay car life. One day I'll learn.

Here are some pics in chronological order:
Attached Images

2011 F10 S55 6MT
Website Insta @bimmerhausperformance YouTube
Appreciate 0