05-26-2017, 09:14 AM   #4
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamelauncher14 View Post
Now my question is... should I try to take it to the dealership, or are they going to turn me down because they can't find anything? I literally transferred the CPO warranty two days ago, so I guess I'm very lucky. I'm supposed to go on a roadtrip out of town tonight and would hate to be stranded in the middle of the Nevada desert with no cell service. If I do take it in... I hope I get a loaner. I'm good friends with my sales advisor, maybe he'll hook it up with a loaded G30
For sure take it in and make sure they check the code. Even if it cleared in the meantime they'll still likely be able to determine what caused it, and then you can make decisions from there. For sure since you ended up in limp mode, I wouldn't take it on a weekend trip without getting it checked.

As for "so soon", well I think it's pretty much expected. I don't think there's an owner that's never had one. I remember (not kidding) I had one during the first test drive of F10 (did not end up buying that one, for different reasons). Sales person wasn't exactly pleased when it came on.
Appreciate 0