Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: my neighbors crazy!

Garage List
2009 Nissan GT-R  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post
For sure take it in and make sure they check the code. Even if it cleared in the meantime they'll still likely be able to determine what caused it, and then you can make decisions from there. For sure since you ended up in limp mode, I wouldn't take it on a weekend trip without getting it checked.

As for "so soon", well I think it's pretty much expected. I don't think there's an owner that's never had one. I remember (not kidding) I had one during the first test drive of F10 (did not end up buying that one, for different reasons). Sales person wasn't exactly pleased when it came on.
I expected these cars to have issues. That's why I limited my search to one with a CPO warranty (ends in November, I'll dump it after and get an X5 ///M for the winter ). My M6 had a cooling problem literally 30 miles after I got it. Nearly the entire system was refreshed under warranty which makes me happy.

I'll take it in. Problem is, appointment wise, I can't get scheduled until next Thursday. I hope the code read is covered under warranty, they charged me $130 last time to read a code. Took 15 minutes and got billed a full hour of labor
Past: 2011 550i ///M Sport | 2010 M6 Coupe | 2004 BMW M3 Convertible | 2003 BMW 330i
Appreciate 1
S1ammin44.00