View Single Post
      05-26-2017, 04:27 PM   #13
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Plugs, Coils and Injectors (probably in that order too) is what I've found looking through most of the forums. My experience with this has been that the car was throwing drivetrain malfunction if I was going uphill in high gear (5 or 6) and tried to accelerate without downshifting. That seemed to stress the engine the most and it threw the misfire error. First time I took it in, they tried reproducing but switching out the coils and plugs from the suspect cylinder but they could not reproduce it. after switching back, the car threw a code for a different cylinder and they promptly replaced the injector on that cylinder. 3 days later I tried to reproduce the failure mode and lo and behold same cylinder misfire as before. This time they replaced 1 injector 2, coils and 3 spark plugs. (They even had to replace a brand new spark plug as apparently the new one threw the code right off the bat. They said suspected bad batch of spark plugs). Finally, their last best guess was that it was an offending spark plug in the cylinder that threw the original misfire and that it was only under load that it was doing this..

I've been driving and pushing since and the car does not show any signs of hesitation/misfire like before.
Appreciate 0