View Single Post
      06-03-2019, 05:39 PM   #407
apaolo1993
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550bye View Post
Well I didn't need an engine replacement but in my case I was given a loaner (I think it was a 340iX GT) and I kept it for the full duration of my repairs almost 3 weeks. For an engine replacement I am sure you will probably have it much longer so I would just keep working with BMWNA and escalate it to a field agent (I think that is what his job title was).

Even though I have had an issue with Oil Consumption and Valve Stems, I still love my car. The 550/N63 has its issues but when they run with no issues they are a blast. My old 528xi was a fun car but it was more of a family car, my 550 is a other type of animal. With as good as it runs right now I wouldn't trade it for anything else (except an M5 of course).

I get it, they have a large amount of issues across a mass amount of owners, but alot of cars have their issues. My buddy has a 2014 E63 S and he has had faulty purge valve, intake manifold gasket, extreme tire wear, some oil consumption issues, head bolts and so on. Another buddy had a ton of issues with his STi and another still have issues with his Evo but a buddy that has no issues at all with his Audi S4. Some people will never have an issue whereas others will have every problem in the book.

All I can say is if I bought another N63 I would definitely take it in and have it ran through and get a complete list of all the issues before I bought it. A couple of $135 "World Class Inspections" could save you alot of money and headaches in the end. But would I trade my 550 for a 535, no. Nothing against 535's but stock for stock there is no comparison and before I bought mine I test drove every flavor. Don't get me wrong, I am not the baddest 5 around, I am sure there are plenty of 535's that could take my lunch all day but if I had done what they have/had done then I am positive I would leave them in my rear view (said with the upmost respect , I love 5's and wouldn't buy anything else).

I know what you mean. Nobody is perfect. Just hurts to work so hard to finally get the car you want and it ends up being a nightmare. Though i will say, it's not all lost. I do now have a Tesla Model S as a rental for the next 2+months. BMW approved $40/day and since it's extended rental i got it down to $40/day for the Tesla. The only bump i'm going to run into is it's $40/day for the car, but there are also taxes and fees so when the bill comes in to BMW, i wonder if they are going to give me issues with that. Guess we'll see in time. Either way the taxes/fees end up being like $200/mo and i was spending $350/mo on gas for my X5. Will keep you all posted!
Appreciate 0