12-22-2019, 02:18 AM   #11
marmit2017
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 535i 13 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. choo View Post
After having restored another car, I suggest the following.

First, get a new cabin carpet. Not the mat that goes on top but the actual carpet. Hunt for a new item on Ebay. You will be surprised how well the cabin will look when it is installed. New upholstery essentially gives you almost brand new exterior.

Secondly, note all the worn items and the items that you touch often. Replace those with the brand new alternatives or take them out and detail them individually. If you don't take them out, you'll get 80% of stuff out. The hardest point of the process is detailing wear/tear around edges that you can't easily see until you take the components out and inspect them from different angles.

If you can score a new steering wheel and re-do the padding on the front seat--old ones start to sag, you'll get a brand new feeling. It takes a lot of time and some $ but it is well worth it IMHO.
Not worth spending all that money on a car that's not worth hat much. I'd pay a little extra money and get a cleaner car. This car was obviously neglected, and if the interior was this poorly taken care of I could only imagine how the maintenance was
Appreciate 0