///Mangler
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 Darth Vader Trackcar

Garage List
2000 E39 M5  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel b View Post
that could be, didn't know that in rally they didn't use the 2.5l. I just know the fastest / most powerful M3 E30 had the 2.5l capable of 340hp at the end and most importantly where NA and had no turbo's (that was the whole point of my comment )
"[Taken from Jeremy Waltons "BMW 3 Series" book; "The last official quote for the 2.5 racer was 375bhp at 8750 rpm coupled to 290Nm (213 lb-ft) torque between 7000 and 8000rpm.
I don't know much about camshaft combinations for these engines, there are a few others on here who could tell you what to use on a rally engine. I wouldn't expect the peak torque figure to be much different though, "rally cams" just tend to move the torque lower down and over a wider rpm range, at the expense of top end hp, which is obviously what you need on a rally car. Also rally engines don't generally use slide throttles, throttle bodies (with a "butterfly) give better modualtion or control of the airflow off full throttle. Oh, and the rally engines usually use a 4-2 header, instead of the 4-1 "sprint" header.]"

T
Appreciate 0