11-18-2020, 01:22 PM   #54
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
Here's my routing, inlet line is in red, outlet line is in... yellow? White? idk, f.lux makes colors weird lol

Tubing used with link to where I got them from:
3' of 1/2" ID tubing
1' of 3/4" ID tubing

Number one thing to do is make sure you don't kink the hose, and don't let it rub against metal parts. Ideally no rubbing, but plastic won't be as bad as metal, so I'm likely going to be shortening the outlet line. Ideally I would have liked the catch can inlet and outlet to be flipped, but whatever. The outlet end had to be tweaked a bit. If you look closely, I drilled new holes for the bolts to go into so that it's still secure, but rotated clockwise more to allow for more clearance.

I thought about wrapping the tubing in heat wrap to protect them, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't get THAT hot there. We'll see.

In hindsight, maybe the yellow much is from the brass barb adapters? Does oil-y air corrode brass like that?
Ahhh.... I see what you did. I tried crossing the hoses where you just went around. Good call as it prevents the hoses from kinking where they would pass. Can you still install the engine cover? I just may have to get back on this project. The intake port on my can is reversible so I can orient the hoses any direction.

THANK YOU!
Appreciate 0