View Single Post
      05-26-2010, 03:34 AM   #15
grasso06
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 528i, 2011 535i (ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma01 View Post
You assume too much, sir. I took an M5 (with HUD) out for a long test drive, and it wasn't very useful.

While I won't disagree that it is somewhat useful to a certain group of people (those not wearing polarized sunglasses to start with), I need to question those who claim it's the MOST useful feature.

So, if there is no study either way, I need to conclude that the one with HUD is not necessarily any safer than the one without it. So, your safety argument doesn't hold any water?
Abrasive are we!?!

Well, taking my quote out of context doesn't necessarily help your argument either. I said that of all of MY selected extraneous features, it was MY favorite and most useful addition. To specify, it is more so than lane departure, blind spot, night vision, etc. IN MY OPINION, just to clarify again.

This post has veered too far from the initial poster's question. So to return to that: I (my opinion) believe that the eyesore of the HUD is outweighed by its benefit. It's usefulness, however, really depends on your opinion via trying it out in person and a cost/benefit analysis.
Appreciate 0